Monday 10 October 2011

UK Professional Pole Championships

Yesterday I went up to Birmingham to watch the semi final of the UKPPC and to support Robyn of 360 Pole Dancing in Bristol who was competing in the Professional Level.

The journey up was nice and easy and we found parking and the venue easily. We got into the venue and had really good front row seats.

First up was the instructor category. The standard was really good and I enjoyed all of the performances. My favourite was definitely that of Emily from Emily’s Pole Fitness in Swindon. She did a fabulous Saw themed routine which you can see here –



After a short break it was the turn of the Professional Competitors. Again the standard was really high and there were some fantastic performances. You can see Robyn’s routine here –



In addition to the competitors we also got to see two guest performances which were doubles acts. Bex and Emy with their Tomb Raider themed routine and Dan and Steve with a vampire themed routine. I never used to be a fan of doubles but I do quite like it now (although I still much prefer singles).

Six competitors from each category were selected to go through to the final which takes place in the same venue on 11th December. I’m pleased that both Robyn and Emily made it through to the final which I am very much looking forward too. For the final there will be the Instructor and Professional categories along with the Elite category which consists of previous winners of national competitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment