Monday 18 April 2011

Pole, Bootcamp and Parkour!

Well it’s been a while since I posted. Most of the month has been pretty quiet. I’ve been teaching my pole class on Tuesdays as normal but apart from that I wasn’t really doing much (resting my shoulder) until last week when I jumped straight back into action!

Monday was my night off as I am not doing the current Corde Lisse block (again due to wanting to rest my injured shoulder) but the rest of the week was all go.

Tuesday I taught my pole classes. The 7:15pm was quite quiet but my ladies are progressing nicely. The 8:15pm class in currently full so that was a busy one. My three new people seemed to enjoy it so hopefully they will be back again this week. All of my regulars are doing well and mostly manage to get a new trick each week.

Wednesday I did a bootcamp session with Bootcamp Somerset. I’ve know Matt for a long time as our Mum’s were best friends. He set up his own personal training business last year and it seems to be going well for him. The bootcamp was hard work but quite fun. There was quite a lot of cardio exercise which was the main reason I wanted try is as although I do quite a lot of strength work I do nothing in the way of cardio so that’s an area that I need to work on. Hopefully I’ll be able to make the bootcamp sessions a regular thing.

Thursday I went to pole class. I was aching from bootcamp the day before so was a little feeble in my attempts! I was mostly working on shoulder mount lifts, which has gone downhill a lot due to lack of practice but as long as I keep up the practice it should start to improve again. I was also attempting back hook to invert which was always really hit and miss but is now very much miss! I think the last time I tried it was back in September so no surprise there. It’s something I would like to be able to do well so have to remember to practice it regularly. I haven’t made any attempt at an Aysha for at least six weeks. This is entirely down to my shoulder injury as attempting it was causing me pain so I thought it best not to push it. My shoulder is feeling a lot better now though so I am hopeful that I will be able to start working on this again soon.

Friday I went a long to a Parkour class that has just started up at the Gym where I teach my pole class. The class was for ages 15 – 35 and I was worried that I would be the only adult in a class of 15 and 16 year olds but went along anyway as it’s something that I have wanted to try for ages. My worries turned out to be well founded, there were only four other people in the class all of whom were teenage boys. I did really enjoy the class though but found it quite hard. I’m a bit of a wimp so some of the stuff we were doing was a bit scary such as somersaults off a spring board (mine were more like forward rolls but I did improve a bit as the session went on). I had a couple of issues about the way things were run but as it was only their second week teaching I am hoping that they will sort that out once they are more settled in to teaching. It was a great workout, I ached like mad all weekend and can still feel it in my quads now. I’m hoping I’ll ache a little less next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment