Monday 23 May 2011

Update

I’ve been feeling ill for the past week so not really done a lot. Hoping to get back into it this week though starting with the return of Corde Lisse tonight. Circomedia aren’t running the Monday eve class in St Pauls at the moment due to availability issues and I (and most of the rest of the class) were unable to attend the alternative Thursday eve class in Kingswood that they put on so the instructor has started up his own classes on a Monday evening at The Island. I’ve never been to the island for a class before so will be interested to see it. I’ve seen in in photos and videos from my friends silks class and it looks like a nice space. Not as nice as the church in St Pauls but a lot nicer than The Albany so will soon see!

Pole wise I felt I was getting my mojo back a bit after a bad start to the year (I’m hoping the week off that I’ve had hasn’t put me back again). Robyn at 360 Pole in Bristol had a birthday pole jam a couple of weekends ago which was good fun. I like a good jam, it’s nice to catch up with people that you don’t see very often and see what everyone else is working on.

My classes are still going well, it was a quite one last week but I was actually quite glad as I was feeling ill and felt like I was going to fall off the pole every time I touched it! Hopefully that has gone now as I am expecting this week to be back to normal attendance.

I have been given the go ahead by my venue to buy some semi-permanent poles so I hope to get those ordered this week and fitted soon. They will really speed up my set up and packing away times plus I won’t have to lug three heavy x-poles around with me which I am looking forward to.

So hopefully fully back into the swing of things this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment