Friday 11 February 2011

Back to it

I had not been to corde lisse for the past two weeks due to personal problems so it was nice to be back on Monday night. Jonathan was taking the class this time and he has us working on his swing into catchers which I have now managed to get back (from the floor, still not much success up the rope). I was pleased with that as it annoyed me that I had managed to lose the move. I’ll have to remember to practice it every week so it doesn’t go again! After that we moved on to looking at a double pick up. It’s similar to the swing into catchers but wraps both legs rather than just one. This is used as a prep for propeller. I didn’t manage to do it although I don’t know why I found it so much harder than the catchers pick up. I did have a go at the propeller wrap from a different way in, I didn’t do that well with it, I think because it was towards the end of the class and I was tired because I have done it before.

I haven’t taught my pole class for two weeks, again due to the personal problems. I’m back teaching next week so looking forward to that. I told my students the reason and they were all understanding so hopefully I won’t have lost any. I’m expecting both classes to be nearly full if everyone turns up.

I went along to pole class last night. It was heals night, I haven’t worn mine for ages so had to wash them before I went because they were all dusty and dirty! I was quite rubbish at the movements in isolations that we were doing, it’s not something I do often but probably should as it will help with fluidity. Other than that I was mainly working on my twisty grip Aysha. It’s still really hit and miss which is annoying me. I know I can do it, and when I get it right I can do it well, holding it for around ten seconds. However, that only happens perhaps one time in twenty. The rest of the time I’m doing something wrong and topple straight out. I didn’t practice any of the Becca Butcher stuff last night as my shoulder still hurts from the workshop. I am hoping to do some of it tonight though as I have a Chinese Pole session with some friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment