Friday 4 February 2011

Becca Butcher Workshops

Last night I took part in two Becca Butcher pole workshops at 360 Pole dancing in Bristol. I was a little late arriving due to my dentist appointment running over 30 minutes late but luckily I only missed part of the warm up on the first class that I was doing which was the intermediate level.

We looked at loads of different things. First was inside / outside leg hang switches which I got on well with. Next we looked at the Holly drop which I had never tried before. I liked it and will definitely be working on it to get it nice and quick and fluid. We also looked at her jump out of shoulder mount dismount which looks brilliant. I will definitely be working on this as I love it. We finished off by looking at different ways into the Superman which was good as I haven’t done any work on the superman for months.

We then had a break while a different class used the studio. Most of the group were staying on for the advanced class so we went to a place up the road for a bite to eat.

The advanced class was also really good. We looked at Becca’s twisty thing into holly drop. See this video of Becca from 1:26 –


We then moved on and looked at a spin into princess grip shoulder mount and from there worked on twisty grip Iron X. My Iron X was non-existent but my twisty grip is getting stronger which I am pleased with.

We also looked at moves from Cupid including Special K and summersault into reverse shoulder mount. I wasn’t very good at these as although my cupid is strong I find reaching down in it a bit scary! Also we had looked at the cupid to reverse shoulder mount in Chinese pole a while back and one of my friends actually lost hair doing it that time so that put me off somewhat!

I had been slightly nervous about going into the advanced class as I had not touched a pole for over a week and I was feeling pretty weak due to some personal issues, 2011 has not been a good year for me so far. Becca was really lovely though and made everyone feel included and welcome. I really enjoyed both of the classes and feel that I have brought a lot away from it. I have lots of lovely new things to be working on. I ache quite a lot today especially in my hamstrings and triceps. Plus my shoulder is quite sore from all though reverse Shoulder Mounts! It’s good though, you know you have had a good pole session when you ache nicely afterwards!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment