Wednesday 19 January 2011

Rope and Pole

Rope on Monday went quite well. I was doing a lot of conditioning type stuff which I did alright with, especially as my shoulder has decided to start playing up again. We also looked at ankles. I haven’t done ankles for ages so it was good to go back and look at it again. I only did it low down with my shoulders on the floor but it went a lot better than it did the last time I tried it. We did it on the silks instead if the rope so I think that helped.

My pole classes last night went well. I had 6 people in the first class and they all seemed to enjoy it. They are all picking things up quickly and seem keen. My second class had three people who are all at intermediate level as they have been coming for a while so we looked at some more unusual stuff that I tend not to do very often so that was fun. We also did some work on learning the routine which they picked up well. It looks really good when they all do it together in time.

I didn’t have a chance to do any personal practice of the things I have been working on but demoing the more unusual moves was good practice for me as I hadn’t done them for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment