Tuesday 22 February 2011

Not doing a lot

After my last post a couple of weeks ago I went round my friends house to do a bit of Chinese pole. We had quite a good session although a bit limited on space having been used to using the tall pole at the Albany centre.

Then last Tuesday I was back teaching my pole classes. There were a lot of cancellations and I went from expecting 8 people in the first class and 7 in the second class to having just two in each which was a little disappointing. I’m expecting 7 in each class tonight so fingers crossed that everyone can make it! The small groups were quite nice though as I get to spend lots of time with each person and hopefully everyone went away feeling that they had achieved something. My second class spent a bit of time working on learning the “Teenagers” routine which was fun. We’ll see if they can remember it tonight! I managed to get in a bit of practice for myself as well during the classes as I had brought and put up all three poles. I managed to hold my twisty grip Aysha quite well. It’s still so sporadic though but I still don’t know why.

Aside from that I have done very little practice recently. There was a practice session on 13th Feb but I couldn’t go due to going to see My Chemical Romance (who were brilliant) and then I missed class on Thursday due to going to see Ocean Colour Scene (who were excellent, I’ve seen them over 20 times and I think this was one of the best). I’m having a bit of pole withdrawal. I hope I get a chance to do a bit of practice before or after my classes tonight.

There has been no rope classes for the past two Mondays so been quite inactive really. Will be at pole this Thursday and back to rope on Monday so getting some activity going again!

No comments:

Post a Comment